Sunday, March 9, 2014

Challenge #7 What Happened?

  "I had a perfect family," I told the psychiatrist. " A scholar daughter on her way to college, a wife, and a baby boy on the way."  He nodded and listened intently.
  " Tell me more, like why are you here." So I did and as I told it I was transported back in time.
  It was a sunny day, normal weather for California. My wife and daughter sat at the table smiling and eating a breakfast of nutella toast, eggs, and bacon.
   "Mom we need to get going or we will miss our flight to Michigan." Clara said.  "Oh! We do need to get going!" She shrieked as she looked at the clock.
  She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said " We will be back from the college tour as soon as we can." And with a kiss and hug, I waved them off as they backed out of the driveway.
  I remember wandering around Clara's room and stumbling upon her diary. Like any other parent I snooped in it  but the snooping turned into reading. And what I read broke my heart.
  It said:
Ugh, I hate my life. Good thing I'm going to college so I can get away from this stink hole of a life.
  I mean it's bad enough that my dad doesn't even notice me, he is only waiting for the new baby boy to come along. He doesn't even know it died in the womb a few weeks ago.
  Also, my mom is no better she only married dad for his money anyway. She has been in an affair for like 3 years now with some guy from L.A. She has been going to see him like 2 times a week, she says she is going to work but she is really going to see him.
  Either way I'm glad I'm going to be able to get away from them so, I can do what I want for once in my life no more rules
I'll be FREE from this dirt pit of a life. GOODBYE!
  I dropped the diary and couldn't believe what I just read. I kept trying to convince myself it wasn't true but I couldn't, it was true.
  " So, I packed up my things and left the life I thought I knew behind. I've been running ever since." I told him. He nodded and scribbled down something in his notebook.
  " I don't know what to say but that you were right to leave them and their evil, ungrateful butts behind." He said looking me in the eye. For once I didn't feel guilty for leaving them, I felt glad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment