Saturday, November 2, 2013

Picture Story

The Window 

 It all began when the window was left open......
A cool chill swept through my bedroom like the birds on my walls were taking flight into the night, making me shiver from under my soft, warm blankets. I got up and walked over to the window to close it. I felt the cold hardwood floor underneath my feet. I closed my eyes and imagined I was back in winter when the snow fell gently across the vast plains and hill sides making them look like mounds of snow. But, those days have passed , and I come back to reality and get to the window. I peer out before I close it. I loved the night, the moon like a silver coin beckoning for you to reach out  for it against the deep black back round and the stars like bits of the silver coin scattered across the universe.
"No." I think to myself  "No more memories." I slam the window shut and go back to bed, throwing the blankets aside and slam down with a thud and close my eyes.
  I awoke to a strange sound. I looked around my room and find nothing. I hear it again but closer this time. I focus on the sound trying to make it out. I rise out of bed and listen. I walk to the window and see a boy. He has pebbles in his hands and looking up at my window. As soon as he saw me he ran away.
"Hey!" I called
The boy kept on running to what looked like a horse and never looked back.
"Who was that?" I ask myself.
  In the morning I peered out my window to see if the boy had come back. He had not. So, I went along my daily doings. I got showered, dressed, and ate breakfast. I looked out my window once more before I left, the boy was there. I ran out of my room and into the hall, bursting out the front doors I ran so fast I couldn't stop from crashing into the boy.
  With a thud we landed on top of each other.
"Ow!" he said. His voice was smooth and pleasant to hear.
"Sorry." I said "Who are you?"
"Well, if I could breath then I would tell you."  He said pulling his coat out of his face He had brown hair and blue eyes. I caught my breath.
"Oh. Right." I rolled off of him my cheeks bright red. He smiled, it was warm and sweet. "I'm Luna." I said regaining my dignity. "I'm Charlie." he said standing up "Here let me help." he held out his hand to pull me up.I took it and smiled.
"Thanks." I said brushing off my coat.
  Charlie was so handsome and charming. I don't know why but,I couldn't bring myself to ask him what he was doing at my house last night.
  "So?" He said still smiling "Why are you in such a hurry?" I looked down the red left my cheeks. "Um...I just needed to find out who you were."
  "Why would you need to know that?" he questioned. "Um..." I didn't want to tell him but, I had to. "Because, you were the boy who was at my house last night." I didn't look up.
  We were silent for what seemed like forever. I had to know why so, I asked. "What were you doing?" I asked finally looking up. He still was silent. "Please, tell me." I urged on. He took a deep breath and sat down again on the lush green grass.
  "I saw you." he said looking down "You caught my eye and i wanted to talk to you so, I tried getting your attention by by throwing pebbles at your window. But, then I heard someone call out, I knew they couldn't see me so I ran back to my horse and left."
  "Wow." I chuckled " I have never heard someone tell the truth like that." I giggled and sat next to him.He laughed too witch made me smile.
  We decided that we would meet outside at this exact tie and place every day. I am so happy that I can see him everyday.
  That night I dreamed about Charlie. We were outside where we were this morning I was in my white flow like dress, my eyes like the moon and my hair like a golden wheat field that popped against the night.
  Charlie was in a white suite his eyes blue like the lightning in a storm, blue and wildly bright. We were talking about our likes and dislikes. "Tell, me about your past." He says. I freeze and stop laughing "I can't."I say seriously "It hurts to much." I wake up sweating. "What if he ever does ask me that?" I think to my self. " What will I do then." 
  In the morning I met Charlie. He was in his usual t-shirt and jeans.
"Hey!" He shouted as I walked up the hill. " Hey." I say out of breath as I reach the top.
I collapsed on the top of the hill sprawling out. Charlie plopped down next to me. " Beautiful day." He says looking at the plains below up covered in flowers of every color you could imagine of like a blanket  of sunshine and rainbows. "Yeah." I say sitting up looking at the landscape. I felt so small looking at how big the world is from up here and it is a million times bigger than just the area in front of us.
  Charlie takes a deep breath of the air,Ii did too. It smelt like honeysuckles and berries. I wish I could stay there forever, frozen in time with Charlie on top of the hill it felt so nice just to be with him I stared at him then he noticed, I turned away quickly and blush.
  "Hey." He says he says after about an hour of silence except the sound of the birds and the swaying trees. "Yeah." I answer
"Where are you from?" He asks
I hesitate " Um. I don't like to talk about my past." 
" Okay, then what about you tell me it in parts or you could just tell me the whole thing now." He said 
" You trust me don't you?"
 " Of course I do." I said looking offended 'Why wouldn't I?"
"No reason to." he said " But if you trust me then tell me, prove to me you trust me."
"Fine." I say and look out at the hill side.........

Authors Note:
  To find out about Luna's past buy the next book. Thanks for reading!(nice cliff-hanger?)

  
  

    
 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry its so long tell me what you think. Also, I'm Sorry I had to cut it short with a cliff-hanger.

    ReplyDelete