Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Challenge#10

  " I remember you." I said looking at the girl with raven black hair and amber eyes. "You and them," I pointed at the group of individuals behind her " You all were at the Blessing."
  The group was strange, it contained one girl and four boys. All of the boys were muscular and fairly tall, but they all seemed afraid of the girl, even if she was shorter and not nearly a muscular as they were.
  One of the boys spoke up, he had dark hair like the girl, but eyes almost like coal, dark with some brightness behind it.
"You got it right. We were there. If you promise to keep your mouth shut we might tell you about it."
I shook my head, " What will happen if I don't keep my mouth shut?" I asked
" Do you really want to know the answer to that question?" He answered with a evil smirk.
I gulped " Fine I'll keep my mouth shut. Now speak." I said irritated with all this nonsense.
  5 hour earlier:
  I sat there in the silver throne to the left of my father, King Sulivin of Cheshire and my mother, Queen Amy of Cheshire, sat on his right.
Today was the day I was to be Blessed. I would be given my Gift as all the royal families had. There are four royal families those who possess the Gifts of fire, wind, water, and earth. My family possesses the fire Gift, it will be Blessed upon me by my father.
  The music had started to play and we all rose to greet our guests. Then it fell to silence as my father spoke " My people, today we Bless my daughter, Princess Alice of Cheshire," the crowd applauded and I waved. Father continued " She will use this power to protect and guide us in the future!"
  My father motioned me to come forward and kneel in front of the Stone of Flares, our land's most prized possession. As I knelt my father placed my crown of flames on my head, I never really wore it only for special occasions.
" May she protect and lead us well." He said. At that I felt as if I had drank fire and it was burning me from the inside out. I heaved but I didn't scream for that would show I was afraid to lead and protect them, and I was not afraid. When it was over I looked at myself expecting to be ash, but I was perfectly fine. Nothing but a small mark on my arm in the shape of a heart, was left. My dress was in taters along the bottom, as if it burst into flames, exposing my legs. 
I shook as I stood, a group of people ran up to help me, but left me immediately feeling that I was hot as fire itself at the moment. They backed away a little but were still at arms length of me.
" Who are you," a guard shouted at the group of people " you are not maids or butlers, seize them!" The person in front of me took of the of their cloak and I saw it was a girl with raven black hair and amber eyes. " Hello, your Majesty." She said smiling as she bowed " See again soon!" Then she turned and ran with her buddies out the window and into the garden.
Now:
  "We were there to observe how you took the blessing," the boy started "As you know the Gift of fire it the most painful Blessing to go through and you are the only girl so far in the kingdom to take it."
I shook my head "Yes I am."
"So, we would of thought you would have died from the pain but if you lived you could be a valuable asset to our little group." He smirked as he finished " We need someone with power, you have it trust me. While you were being Blessed you grew wings of fire. A sign of power if I recall. You never even screamed even the princes screamed and you didn't."
  I thought it over in my head. I didn't even know these people and I am a princess I can't just join so ruff-tuff gang because I have power. I should be using that power to help my people. Shouldn't I?
  "What is your group exactly?" I asked the entire group was smiling then...
"The Four Gates." The girl said " Angles of the Blessed Gifts."
 
To be continued....
(never going to be continued)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment